One of the support facilities PT. Kaltim Nitrate Indonesia owns is a laboratory. Based on its function, the laboratory owned by PT. Kaltim Nitrate Indonesia is a control laboratory, the main function of which is to ensure that the production process produces quality products in accordance with specifications.
There are five categories of sample routinely analysed at the PT Kaltim Nitrate Indonesia's Laboratory:
- Utility Unit samples, including samples from Cooling Tower System and Boiler System facilities.
- NA Plant samples, which come from the nitric acid plant and are the raw material for the ammonium nitrate plant.
- AN wet section samples, which come from the wet section of the ammonium nitrate factory and are the intermediate product.
- AN dry section samples, which come from the dry section of the ammonium nitrate factory and are the final product.
- OBL Unit samples, including samples from the UAN Unit and WWT Unit facilities
In an effort to support PT. Kaltim Nitrate Indonesia's vision to become the best producer of ammonium nitrate in the world, the PT Kaltim Nitrate Indonesia control laboratory operates instruments with the latest technology, such as KF Automatic Titrator Units, Ion Chromatography Units, UV-Vis spectrophotometers, Digital Density Meters, and others.