Safety Health and Environment
PT Kaltim Nitrate Indonesia (KNI) operates to the highest standards of safety and concern for the welfare of people and the environment, now and in the future. KNI believes that all work related injuries, illnesses and environmental incidents are preventable.
Our facility strives towards the highest possible safety standards to protect our people, neighbours and the environment. We are mindful that our products are produced, transported, stored, used and disposed of safely and we provide training and information to ensure this.
KNI actively manages site safety. Key interventions/initiatives include:
- The appointment of an experienced SH&E Manager
- The application of a significant quantity and of high quality of SH&E resources
- Improved electrical safety, rigging, scaffolding, working at height and confined space entry procedures
- Development of significantly modified and safer work methods for high hazard activities
- A daily safety walk through programme
- An unsafe act and condition programme
- The conduct of KNI/Rekayasa (EPC Contractor) SH&E workshops
The project’s safety performance received the Orica Mining Services CEO award for Outstanding Safety Management in 2010.